What You Can Expect From Moi

I've been bad but now I'm good....kinda.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Define Date....

Date means he pays? Yeah that's what most people thing. Not I since I seriously LOATHE the term date. Too much pressure and it never lives up to what a date implies. I never want to go on a "date" again. Can we please just hang out with no pressure? I am so tired of pressure. Every single time a man calls it a date, we get along just fine but nothing great.

Which brings me to Wednesday. The sushi was great. Can't wait to have some again. The company was nice enough. If you read my last post it was pretty obvious I wasn't exactly feeling the entire situation. The week before (when we were originally supposed to meet) I had a little bump in the road that occurred and have kind of been set back physically. Which is really shitty.

He talked a lot about his IBS. Yes. Along with the colonoscopy that went with diagnosing it. Wish I was joking. It proved to me why I don't date men in their 30s who are what I call the "closer to 40 crowd." They are so into themselves and will say just about anything even if it really isn't appropriate dinner conversation. I would normally think the talk was to deter me from any sort of attraction BUT he mentioned IBS in his profile. Seriously? I thought once it was out we could get over the "I sometimes have to run to the bathroom after eating" conversation. Apparently I was wrong. My mom was like "doesn't everyone know not to talk about health problems on a date?" Mom, no. These mother fuckers are crazy.

Overall he seemed like a nice enough guy. Just a little self absorbed. Which I kind of expected. He really didn't give a shit about me. At all. Which might have been fine. We could have been friends but I move on from that fact pretty quickly when our post-date emails are boring and no questions are directed at me at all. Love it when a man says he is attracted to independent women but yet his life is so set in stone no actual independent woman could ever fit in.

So I move on. Hoping on Sunday morning to run into the man from Trader Joes. Yeah. It's a sickness. Not sure if I mentioned I know his first name. Sigh. My sickness gets slapped in the face when he isn't there AND I see a dude who I went out with a couple times with his who I can only assume is his girlfriend. He and I weren't a match either but I looked like shit...all hungover and I REALLY didn't want to have to say hello. I made a point of facing the other direction and as I was walking out I saw him tattoo verify it was me with a glance down at my foot. I bet we both had the same thought....dodged that bullet.

I was happy to see the chick he was with looked like the type I imagine him with. Almost like they could be related. One of THOSE couples. However I didn't see her as the type to indulge in his lingerie fetish and she wasn't wearing yoga pants like he likes. haha. Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment