What You Can Expect From Moi

I've been bad but now I'm good....kinda.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Funk Lifted?

I've been in this funk for like weeks. Here is a short list of things it could be caused by: weather, lack of social interaction...specifically those who I adore and miss more than anything who live in Ohio and I haven't seen in most cases almost a year and in one a year and a fucking half (!!!!), not having any luck in the man department, the fact that I haven't been eating as well as I would have liked or getting to the gym, having a sinus infection, work not living up to what I want and being rejected by this company I interviewed with.

I've decided to go into all future meetings with men as a just friends situation, no not like the movie but really just friends. To say I haven't found anyone up to my way too high expectations would be an understatement. I need a social life and is that actually going to come from a man? No. When you have a man who do you hang out with? Him. Ummmm. Sometimes just laying in bed, or watching movies. Yeah, it's great but not exactly what I am missing.

I am meeting a guy Saturday afternoon at an antique mall, sooooo excited to go to the antique mall....not as excited about meeting him EXCEPT I think we could be friends. Meeting another guy probably Friday for coffee. He's kind of young and seems to not have the ability to sit still or just hang out. He is SUPER social. This could be good for getting out there.

Last night I had coffee with a guy who I think actually has helped to lift the funk a little. He's interesting, smart and attractive. I could see us being friends. I like that idea. No expectations since I don't think from me he would want anything more. We played Scrabble while drinking Chai and then went to the grocery store. I love the grocery store. My mom made a point of telling me that I was "very well behaved" when we went Sunday but she still caught me doing a little dance in the aisle. Busted. I have a tendency to wander like a child and then get so far from my mom that when something excites me I yell. I think people who see me must think "Aw, that is so nice of her mom to bring her out like that." I think I was good last night except maybe I did bust out in a little dance, hopefully he caught it because that would be awesome! The Scrabble didn't go so well, of course he kicked my ass. Ugh. I was glad my mom and I played a few weeks ago so I at least got a tiny bit of practice. Overall Scrabble and the grocery store renewed my feelings about there being people who I could build a friendship with here. I'm hopeful again.

No comments:

Post a Comment