What You Can Expect From Moi

I've been bad but now I'm good....kinda.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Saturday "Date"

I met 4 different guys this past week. (Skank) I could give you the rundown of them all but it really wouldn't matter much. One I know I won't see again. Another I mentioned before and we are in a way too slow game of Words with Friends. The third is the easiest to get along with. Then there is the 4th.

I went into Saturday knowing very little about this guy compared to most when we meet. (This could have been the problem.) He originally asked me to hang out a few weeks ago and then I got sick. Truth be told there wasn't attraction but he seemed like a super nice guy and I really could use some friends, especially since it was his idea to meet that one of the local antique malls. One of my favorite places to go.

I get there, late of course. Will I ever be on time? We are walking around, he tells me what he looks out for there, where he is from and then he finally asks me what I do for work. (Yeah, I know the fact that we didn't know what the other did for work is kind of strange.) He tells me that he's in between jobs. Ugh. Great. Of course. Then he mentions that he is thinking about doing a little work with a friend of his selling cars. I imagine this guy totally being at a buy here, pay here lot just making a few bucks before he gets another big person job. My brother is a car salesman so I mention that, along with which dealership he's at. Ironically, his friend works at the same dealership as my brother. We compare about how each of them is doing. I've been told my brother isn't happy there, which I'm sure I mention and some how I think I say, "It's better than the job working at <insert name of company>, they really screwed him over." Then the large man standing next to me says. "I used to work at <insert name of company>." Haha, funny. Then he asks me my brothers name. At this point, I am feeling a little exposed. I get really strange about those things. Haha. I tell him anyway. Then he asks his last name. I'm really creeped at this point but tell him.

That's when he says it, "Oh yeah <insert name of brother> and I are friends, I go over to his house to play video games." What? Then he starts name dropping. My dad. Apparently, this man has met my entire family, except me. Including my grandma!

When we left I called my mom, right away. She DIED and said that she thought this dude and I should meet before I even moved down here. She is always thinking those are the kinds of men I should date. I don't get it. I made sure to tell her NOT to tell my brother. I wanted him to tell him.

Yesterday my phone rings, it's my brother. You can guess what it's about. Haha. His first words are, "How did your date go yesterday?" Then he gives my favorite laugh that he does when he thinks something is REALLY funny. I was surprised to find out this dude called it a date. I HATE that word. Not a date. Never a date. It makes me uncomfortable.

We got a good laugh out of the situation. It was funny and at least this dude isn't a creep. I've decided it might be time to slow down with the dating a little bit if I am meeting my brothers friends AND pre-screen a lot more. Wow.

1 comment: