What You Can Expect From Moi

I've been bad but now I'm good....kinda.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

At Least There Are Still Some Leaves on the Trees...For Now

When I am feeling really content with life sans man this blog suffers, really I think my other does as well. When it's all rainbows and unicorns who really wants to read that shit? Didn't you come here for the juicy details of my dating life, good and bad...not content. Ugh. Fuck me.

I still have the hots for the chef. Probably because he gives the most mixed signals ever. Let me rephrase that, I am reading way too much into his signals because I am so attracted to him. Something seriously sexy. He hasn't texted me since we met up, but he Facebook status comments frequently. UGH! So annoying. I am going with him not being interested because if I have learned anything, when a man wants something...he goes for it. Interested does not mean status commenting when you are bored. Again. So. Annoying.

Speaking of men being interested, a guy I went out with a few weeks ago under the knowledge he was just looking for friends appears to be really interested in me. Hmmmm. I really enjoyed his company but I would just want to be friends and he is saying things to indicate we are getting to know one another with the intention for there possibly being more. I feel nothing for this guy other than "Hey we could be really good friends, I like men friends.....that I'm not going to have sex with." Hopefully he can control himself. ;) First step, do not allow him to pay for dinner. To be honest, this is hard when I am broke and want to experience Charlotte cuisine. Hopefully he will get the hint before trying to go in for a kiss. I'm not looking to bruise his ego.

I went out Saturday with my little sister for my birthday and to watch the Ohio State/Michigan game. Go Bucks!! I'm glad the birthday went by with little said but plenty of beer. (After three large beverages, I was feeling pretty good) This was one I wasn't really looking forward to celebrating. Next year on the other hand....my last year in my 20s...it's on. So a nice young man, a mandolin player, sat down next to us and kept us company for a few hours. Boy did he make an impression on the sister and I! I've been hoping for a craigslist missed connection and my sister mentioned him yesterday! Hard pressed to find a man we both have the hots for. I will say, if he was interested he had a chance to get her number more than once when I was making my frequent trips to the restroom due to the ever shrinking size of my bladder. She did not leave me alone with the mandolin player. I'm going to go with the whole "if he is interested he will do what it takes" idea again and he would have asked for my number with her around. However, I think it was the first time I'd been out and actually met a man who kept my attention. He was adorable. I'd like to pretend he was feeling me. Oh! Woe is me for reals!

Dating in the dead of winter, I'm interested in seeing how this works out. I might have to go into hibernation until spring, where one can walk hand in hand with the man she fancies and be courted while every animal in town get busy making babies. Nah, I like a challenge and why wait?

1 comment:

  1. goodf luck...guys are kinda funky on the "lets be friends front"

    ReplyDelete