What You Can Expect From Moi

I've been bad but now I'm good....kinda.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oh For The Lack of Sex!!

My mom frequently tries to remind me that my "depression" or what I prefer to call just "times when I want to do nothing" is because I don't eat properly or because I am not getting to the gym enough. Yes, mom, you are right...most of the time. Right now though, it's because I'm not having sex. Not only am I not having sex but I am having horrible, uncomfortable dates with men who have nothing to offer! I at least need a mini relationship so I can get a little lovin and to regain a sense of love being out there.

I am finding the same thing over and over again here. Men who are nice, most in school or with an education, they love their family, don't have kids. There are downsides...many of them have just gotten out of relationships. They are confused and if I had to guess, lonely. I don't exactly do well with lonely. I'm not lonely.

I had a coffee thing with a guy who lives really close and we have a fair amount in common. (I have a fair amount in common with them all if you haven't noticed. Probably because I'm well rounded...what what!) He was recently dumped by a really plain looking girl who he was really interested in. Great. So we meet and in the middle of the coffee thing he seems more interested in this table of two women and not in a people watching way. Dude, come on. At least for an hour get to know me. So we haven't talked since then even though he made a point of saying "I will get in touch with you and I'd like to do this again." Don't say it if you don't mean it. So annoying.

The next day I went to a local college basketball game with the Econ guy. I need to stop hanging out with him until we get it straight that we are just friends. Maybe he finally gets it. I haven't figured it out yet. He gave me this strange hug when I got out of my car. Plus I really don't like the fact that he is a smoker. (But it's okay if those neighbor guys are. haha)

This is leading up to there being a dude who I am actually interested in, prior to meeting or anything. He doesn't seem scared to leave the state and appears to actually be doing something with life other than wanting a cushy job in a high rise, he has taken a risk. Made an independent film. Yes, you heard me right...how sexy is that? You can see why prior to our first meeting I am interested. I prefer men who could "do better" than me. I can't imagine I will be able to hold his interest for too long but I am sure as shit going to give it a shot.

A friend of mine has been having issues giving up a relationship with a dude that treats her so bad. She clearly deserves better but puts up with it because of who he is and their "connection." Since I have been there, done that I was thinking about how common it is for women to date the Connection Guy. I'll have to do an entire post on this theory and the fucked of nature of a relationship with the Connection Guy but I have decided I don't want to date another.

No comments:

Post a Comment